U.S. News & World Report and Best Lawyers released their “Best Law Firms” rankings today, placing Tyack Law in Tier 1 for both Criminal Defense: General Practice and Criminal Defense: White Collar, and in Tier 3 for Personal Injury Litigation (Plaintiffs) in the Columbus, Ohio region.
“The U.S. News – Best Lawyers® ‘Best Law Firms’ rankings are based on a rigorous evaluation process that includes the collection of client and lawyer evaluations, peer review from leading attorneys in their field, and review of additional information provided by law firms as part of the formal submission process. To be eligible for a ranking, a law firm must have at least one lawyer listed in the 23rd Edition of The Best Lawyers in America list for that particular location and specialty.” [Source: https://www.bestlawyers.com/Content/Downloads/PressReleases/U.S.-News-Best-Lawyers-2018-Best-Law-Firms.pdf].
The “Criminal Defense: General Practice” category includes:
- Homicide offenses: aggravated murder, murder, voluntary manslaughter, involuntary manslaughter, negligent homicide, aggravated vehicular homicide, and vehicular homicide;
- Assault, including felonious assault, aggravated assault, and negligent assault;
- Kidnapping, including abduction, and unlawful restrain;
- Sexual offenses: rape, sexual battery, unlawful sexual conduct with a minor, gross sexual imposition, sexual imposition, importuning, voyeurism, public indecency, commercial sexual exploitation of a minor, compelling prostitution, prostitution, solicitation, pandering obscenity, pandering sexually oriented matter involving a minor, illegal use of minor in nudity-oriented material or performance, and illegally operating sexually oriented business;
- Robbery, including aggravated robbery;
- Bias/Hate Crimes, including ethnic intimidation;
- Criminal mischief;
- Burglary, including aggravated burglary;
- Other property crimes, including breaking and entering, aggravated trespass, and criminal trespass;
- Theft, including larceny, shoplifting, false pretenses;
- Drug offenses, including, corrupting another with drugs, trafficking, aggravated trafficking in drugs, illegal manufacture or cultivation of drugs, illegal assembly or possession of chemicals for manufacture of drugs, funding of drug trafficking, possession of controlled substances, possessing drug abuse instruments, and tampering with drugs;
- Alcohol-related offenses, including OVI, DUI, and underage consumption;
- Traffic offenses;
- Gambling offenses;
- Firearms violations and other weapons offenses, including having weapons while under disability, unlawful possession of dangerous ordinance, and firearm specifications; and
- Family-related offenses, such as endangering the welfare of a minor and domestic violence.
The “Criminal Defense: White-Collar” category includes:
- Securities offenses;
- Antitrust offenses;
- Tax evasion; and
The “Personal Injury Litigation: Plainitffs” category includes:
- Motor vehicle accidents;
- Wrongful death;
- Products liability;
- Medical malpractice; and
- Other Negligence/Tort claims.